Time to Call Up Reimold

birdman57

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has been mentioned and there is some valid concern there.

However, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be promoted to at least AAA.

Did anybody ever say he shouldn't go to AAA sometime soon?

I thought all the fuss was about people saying he should be promoted to the big club. That's what the thread is about.

However, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be promoted to at least AAA. Even with the issues Tony mentioned, Reimold has had a lot of AA success and since he is old for the league, it is time for him to move up and try to adjust at as higher level.

I tend to think (perhaps stupidly) that, especially in the case of the higher-end prospects, the player and the organization have communicated clearly with one another about objectives and goals and so forth that need to be achieved in order for a promotion to be earned.

Perhaps this situation is as simple as, Reimold doesn't have everything checked off of his to-do list, despite having some others more than satisfied.

I think back to the A's, and the mandatory standards they allegedly had (have?) for walk rates in the minors. I was left to conclude that a guy could absolutely tear the cover off of the ball and play gold-glove defense, but he wasn't going anywhere if he wasn't demonstrating the plate patience/discipline required by the organization. That's probably too literal an interpretation but the point remains.

Conceivably the O's are happy with most facets of Reimold's game, and ecstatic about some, but still need the last one or two to come up to par before issuing the guy a promotion. Tony's post certainly offered several potential areas for improvement.

However, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be promoted to at least AAA. Even with the issues Tony mentioned, Reimold has had a lot of AA success and since he is old for the league, it is time for him to move up and try to adjust at as higher level.

...and don't forget those issues that his manager pointed out too. :rolleyes:

...and don't forget those issues that his manager pointed out too. :rolleyes:

Again, who cares? Reimold has gone to AA and despite these "vast issues"(:rolleyes:), he has posted a very high OPS.

That tells me he should be moved up...Again, it is ridiculous how people want these prospects to be perfect. They all have holes in their games but when you prove that the level you are at is no longer challenging enough for you, you should get moved up, especially when you are old for the league and a top 100 prospect.

Again, who cares? Reimold has gone to AA and despite these "vast issues"(:rolleyes:), he has posted a very high OPS.

That tells me he should be moved up...Again, it is ridiculous how people want these prospects to be perfect. They all have holes in their games but when you prove that the level you are at is no longer challenging enough for you, you should get moved up, especially when you are old for the league and a top 100 prospect.

You know what - I don't disagree with you. The minors are for working out issues so that you can be in a position to succeed to when you hit the ML team. Some players have less issues to work out than others and should be fast tracked to their team while others have things to work out in the minors.

Go ahead and move him up to AAA. If his issues are magnified you will know that he wasn't ready for the bigs... if not let's hope we see him in August/September.

OPS is only reflective of one aspect of a player's game, and by itself makes a pretty poor indicator of a guy's overall readiness.

It seems pretty clear that there's more than meets the eye from just a glance at a statline.

Archived